Friday, August 24, 2012

New Beginnings

I've tried the blog thing before and like a lot of stuff I've tried....I quit. So I'm trying it again, but with a new purpose this time. I'm blogging for myself and my weight loss.  I'm starting week three of the Ideal Protein Diet; if you don't know what it is look it up www.idealprotein.com.  Let me tell you it is NOT an easy diet, but it's a healthy diet and it works.  The best thing....you don't only lose pounds, you lose inches and best of all you reduce your body fat percentage. So having said all that, I'm using this blog as a way to chronicle my weight loss and maybe help prevent me from quitting....the blog and the diet.

My goal for this diet is 80 pounds.  That seems like a monumental task, so I've broken it down into smaller goals and know that if I don't CHEAT and I don't GIVE UP, I can easily meet these.

Goal 1 - 20 pounds by September 22 for our anniversary trip to Vegas
Goal 2 - 40 pounds (total) by November 3 when I leave for a girls trip to Belize...can I get a whoop whoop?? who doesn't love a fun girls trip!
Goal 3 - 60 pounds (total) by January 4 - the day of my sister's wedding.  I really want to look smokin' hot at her wedding.  :)
Goal 4 - 80 pounds by April 1

I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.........I have to keep telling myself this. My goal is to post on here every day about my successes and daily struggles with the diet.  I might also post progress pictures....we'll see.   I have some blogs I follow that provide me inspiration on this diet.  My fav is Mama Laughlin....you're missin' out if you haven't read her blogs.  http://www.mamalaughlin.com/ She's a gorgeous, funny and very inspiring person. 

On to today. It's been a rough one.  For one thing, I have a kitchen area right next to my office at work and we had a ton of food left over from a meeting last night so I had to smell everyone heating up left over lasagna and manicotti for their lunch today. It was torture! I just want some cheese...ok and something with sugar damn it! LOL I think that the hardest part of this is completely giving up things I love. I know it's not permanently, but it is still super hard.   I did have my weigh in with my coach today and even though I cheated while we were on vacation last weekend, I still lost 2.4 pounds and 2 inches! I was pleased.  

So here's to an awesome weekend with no cheating!





Progress: 
After week 2, down 9.4 pounds and 13.5 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment