Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Great Day!

Yesterday was a great day!  I got up early, took the teenager to a band thing and then came home and helped the hubs mow the yard.  It was great exercise, and since his mower is self-propelled, all you have to do is basically walk.  Not like it was when I was little and we had to PUSH that sucker!! LOLOL

I also did some food prep for the week yesterday and also stocked up on my frozen veggies so that I have no excuse.  I LOVE cucumbers and I'm so glad they are an IP approved veggie.  Yesterday I skinned and cut up about 6 of them so I can eat them this week.  I've found that the more I prep and plan the week, the better I do.
















My infinite struggle is staying away from sweets and as I've said, not cheating on the IP protocol is a HUGE goal for me.  Yesterday I did awesome.  I had a few urges to cheat but I resisted and I conquered.  My hubby didn't help any though....he bought some mini red velvet cupcakes when we were at Sam's.  HOLY TEMPTATION! I LOVE RED VELVET. I did not eat any though. I was super proud of myself.

BEEF and  ZUCCHINI  ...It's what's for dinner.......
Hubs made his famous sliders last night and left some of them off the bun for me.  The great thing about these is that he uses super lean hamburger meat and since they are so small four of them equal about 6 oz so I feel like I'm eating a lot and they are sooooo yummy!  I also cut up 2 zucchini and had him grill it with the burger.  It's one my favs. 

I ended the day by watching The Hunger Games! I have been waiting for this movie to come out on DVD and couldn't wait to watch it.  I read all 3 books and loved them.  I fell asleep during the last 15 minutes of the movie so today I have to go back and watch that part.  I'm anxious to see how they ended it....knowing how it end in the book.  
Low budget review of the movie:  they left out a lot of stuff but it was good.

Here's to a fantastic Sunday of laundry, a pedi, and no cheating! oh and school starts tomorrow...YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment